Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fast Five

Rating:★★★★
Category:Movies
Genre: Action & Adventure
I'm going to admit.

I really f***in love this movie!!!

But first of all, a disclaimer. Before you watch this movie, to relate to the five stars that I gave it, please leave your smart-ass macho attitude at home. And definitely, definitely leave also any angry-leftist-chick attitude. Just sit back, and enjoy the entertainment. Just sit, and enjoy the cheesy dish. I assure you that the cheese is not overboard.

Now where do I start?

Let's see. If you are a fast furious franchise fan, you'll be happy to see that ALL THE GANGS ARE HERE!!! Eva Mendes (yeah, I must mention her first), Tyrese, Ludacris from 2F2F; Sung Kang from Tokyo Drift; and the usual Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Jordana Brewster. Yes. The gang's are here. Except maybe for Michele Rodriguez.

Additionally, Dwayne Johnson. Him and Vin Diesel in one movie? Expect an empty hand battle.

So not only, it is a car race action movie.. it is also *gasp* a heist movie. And BRAZIL setting? And REGGAETON soundtrack? God, was this movie made for ME?? Yes, ok, this is a very subjective review. Don't care. Moving on.

Unlike probably most people, I'm a fan of the 2nd F&F. No excessive drama involves. It was just Paul Walker with his boyish mischievous smile and car racing. Just that. And that's why I love it. (Okay, maybe it was because of Eva too). Now I got exactly that from this 5th movie with multiple dosage extra an-equally-mischievious-minus-the-drama Vin Diesel! My God, I swear! I cannot stand Paul Walker's naughty boy smile when it comes to taking a car and race.

The lines was also just fun and witty. Absolutely not too much drama.

Also, at first, when you think that the movie is so America superiorism, there is one scene that finally answers to that disturbance. It was cheesy but necessary.

Logic? Dont' go there. You are not allowed to think about the logic of the story if you want to enjoy the movie.

My favorite line: "From who did you take that car from? Papa Smurf?"

No comments:

Post a Comment